www.flickr.com
1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel More of 1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Spielwiese Ludotek



Fun had at Spielwiese, the coffee bar across the road where you can spend an evening playing one or three of the 999 games available for 1€. The bright interior with its retro design fits in well here in Friedrichshain, and walking past the shop every day for a month and a half gave me enough time to build up some serious anticipation for a night of boardgaming.

I wanted to play Risk. Pretty bad. Here in Germany it is called "Riskito" and that made me want to play it even more. They even had 6 versions, and that put me into into a place of major Risk need. Despite some serious attempts to convince, cajole and then sulk into getting my way at the Spielwiese this evening I lost the vote, and instead we spent the night listening to the panicky buzz of Operation, or "Doktor Bibber" as it is known here. Here is me sulking some more over a hot game of Bibber.














Here is steph getting out a charlie horse.

















And here is just some fun lovin guys at the Spielwiese.
http://www.spielwiese-berlin.de/

1 comment:

Snowball said...

Risk is a quality game - I once discussed it indirectly on my blog, suggesting that it must have been invented by anti-imperialists as it teaches you that eventually all empires must fall (well, providing that the weaker players always manage to form effective alliances to maintain the balance of power...).

I can see why Australians would love playing it as well - Australia is so easy to defend as a continent, and almost certainly the best place to begin one's attempt at empire building!