www.flickr.com
1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel More of 1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gertrude and Alice: 100 Years, 100 Roses

Lifting belly can please me because it is an occupation I enjoy. A Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.
(Bee Time Vine)

Yesterday was a great day. Amongst other things we went to see an exhibition at the Schwules Museum about Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas. It was great, well until I read that they were both avid Republicans.

Then it was more of a case of pouting and feigning disinterest, though I will say that I still think that Gertrude's poetry is second to none. And to anyone who thought that they were the one that came up with the idea of wearing waistcoats, think again. Gertrude had you beat by 100 years.

No comments: