www.flickr.com
1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel More of 1983lovesme's photos tagged with travel

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tone



So I am trying to make a leaving australia mix cd. I've already decided to not go too far down the road of Perth indie in-jokes so I have restrained myself from on putting on the whole of The Scientists 'Pissed on Another Planet' and most importantly, Jebediah's 'Leaving Home'. Austen Tayshus's 'Australiana' has also been omitted.
It hasn't been easy being this earnest.
I'm trying to strike this tone with the mix. I don't think I am there yet.

The Triffids - Wide Open Road
The Triffids - Estuary Bed
The Church - Under the Milky Way Tonight
The Go-Betweens - Streets of Your Town
Silver Jews- Random Rules
Split Enz - I hope I never
Weddings Parties Anything- Away Away
You Am I - Purple Sneakers
The Shins- Australia
Hunters and Collectors - Throw Your Arms Around Me
Youth Group - Forever Young
Camera Obscura - Lets Get Out of This Country
The Besnard Lakes - Disaster
The Hidden Cameras - Missisauga Goddamn
The Scientists - Frantic Romantic
The Magnetic Fields - Sunset City

No comments: